Nowadays, many people see non-surgical procedures as something they would consider, when the time comes. In the past, to enhance or beautify your looks meant undergoing invasive and painful surgery and enduring long recovery times; something that is daunting and costly to many. Dr Anita Dhunna has been offering non-surgical facelifting for many years and her patients love not only the results, but the very short recovery, instant results in many cases and a whole host of advantages over surgery. We have listed below, why, if you are beginning to notice signs of ageing such as facial sagging, jowls, hollows and sunken areas of the face, you might like to consider the non-surgical approach for facial rejuvenation</a~>:
What is non-surgical facelifting?
A non-surgical facelift usually involves a series of injections placed in specific areas of the face. The substances used tend to be dermal fillers and Botulinum Toxin Type A (Botox® is one of the brands of this substance and more commonly recognised). Dermal fillers are gel-like substances which contain hyaluronic acid (HA), a hydrating and cushioning substance found in areas of the body such as the eyes, connective tissues, joints and the skin. When used in combination, dermal fillers and Botox® can lift, smooth, tone and hydrate the facial features. If the facial bones do not need realignment or re-positioning, the possibilities using injectables for facial rejuvenation are endless and there is actually no ‘clinical’ downtime with these treatments, simply ‘cosmetic’ downtime where there might be some swelling or slight bruising for a few days, but there is nothing stopping you returning to work straight after a non-surgical facelift, unlike the invasive alternative.
Why should I choose the non-surgical approach to face lifting?
If you qualify for non-surgical face lifting, the benefits, over a surgical intervention can be numerous.
- Non-surgical injectable face lifting can be completed in as little as 30 minutes in a doctor’s office, whereas with surgery you are looking at a far lengthier process and will need to be completed in a hospital, which can be very time consuming and life disrupting.
- Non-surgical face lifting does not require a general anaesthetic, which in itself carries some risk, and in cases where there are underlying medical issues, these risks can be considerable.
- A surgical procedure is permanent, which means that as you continue to age, the results, though in many cases extreme will still not last forever. Non-surgical face lifting using injectables is not permanent. This might sound disappointing, but it’s quite the opposite. As you age, so does your skin and facial features. Maintaining non-surgical face lifting procedures means that Dr Anita Dhunna can work with the changes in your facial features and correct them as they happen. Leaving you with a more natural look but those slight, subtle corrections, as and when your face needs them.
- A surgical procedure can be painful! Or at least the recovery can be. With a non-surgical facelift, a topical anaesthetic is used and only some minor tenderness can be felt afterwards, no need for strong painkillers.
- Non-surgical face lifting does not require taking any time to recover. You can return to your daily activities almost immediately (following any aftercare advice that Dr Anita Dhunna gives you). With a surgical procedure, you can be looking at some weeks, before you can return to your normal life.
- Surgery can require cutting and breaking the skin, sutures, breaking bones in some cases and potential scarring. Non-surgical face lifting using fillers and Botox® does not require any such drastic or painful action and in many cases, the results can look far more natural.
- Non-surgical procedures are far more cost effective –the price you will pay for an invasive facial cosmetic surgery can run in to tens of thousands of pounds, for just one procedure. Dermal fillers and Botox® injections are highly cost-effective by comparison and what’s more, these costs are spread across many years, if you continue to undergo these procedures. This makes the non-surgical approach more affordable and attainable for many who wish to stay youthful and naturally beautiful looking, but don’t want the huge, sometimes unrealistic price tag that comes with invasive surgery.
Surgery for some, can be the only answer for their ageing, especially if it is significant or there are facial features which need structurally changing, but if not, then non-surgical face lifting can be the superb approach to facial rejuvenation and not just once, but for life. The benefits of a non-surgical treatment, as opposed to a highly invasive and life disrupting surgical procedure are many and from her South Woodford clinic, Dr Anita Dhunna can help you choose the non-surgical treatment plan that is right for you both now, and in years to come.